Evgenij Polonskij

Polonsky was born in 1923 into a family of Ukrainian farmers in the Kiev’s region. His first approaches to the art world and his early studies are unknown. After the war, in 1953, was admitted to attend the Art Institute of Char’chov where he graduated with honors with a large work wherewith later also participates at the Second Pansovietic Exhibition where his work will be purchased by the Tchaikovsky Museum. Once achieved the bachelor’s degree, the artist immediately began working as painting, drawing and composition’s  teacher. Between 1954 and 1955, in partnership with other Ukrainian painters, he works at the monumental fresco the Technique’s house in Lugansk and the following years he realizes two important frescos, still existing, in the Culture’s Palaces of Lugansk and Molodogvardejsk. Polonsky was honored with numerous awards as merits to his art: in 1960 he joined the Association of Artists of the USSR; in 1968 he received the diploma by the General’s Direction of Culture for the exhibition organized on the occasion of the fiftieth anniversary of the October Revolution. He obtained numerous times the degree by the Regional Soviet of Deputies and by the Regional Committee of the Ukrainian district. He died in 1993 and today his works are in many museums and Culture’s Palaces of the Ex USSR.

Overall is present in sixteen museum, like the important Russian Museum in St Petersburg, and sections devoted to his work in the Modern Art Gallery in Kiev and Lugangs.

  • CATEGORY
  • TAGS